Voivodeship House of Culture

SITES - CULTURE

Voivodeship House of Culture

Voivodeship House of Culture

GPS:
50.86339, 20.62750
Informations:

Built between 1933 and 1935 as the Józef Piłsudski House for Physical Education and Military Preparation, it was a kind of tribute to the Marshal and his Legions. The purpose of its functioning was the development of professional and paramilitary sport, dissemination of culture and integration of the military environment with the inhabitants of Kielce.
The house was perfectly prepared to carry out these tasks. On the 7 hectare site, a complex of buildings was built with a theatre and cinema hall, gymnasium, football pitch, tennis courts, as well as a small greenhouse with exotic flowers, a casino, ballroom and 30 guest rooms.
An interesting feature of the facility was the 20-metre high parachute tower and the perfectly functioning ventilation and air conditioning system for the rooms.
The Socialist-Realist building – now the seat of the Voivodeship House of Culture – is a living collection of Kielce “marbles,” which can be seen on the floors, columns and wall coverings of the rooms.

What's your reaction?
0Cool0Upset0Love0Lol
About the Geopark
Practical Information
Contact
Geopark Świętokrzyski
MODERNIZACJA STRONY SFINANSOWANA ZOSTAŁA ZE ŚRODKÓW WOJEWÓDZTWA ŚWIĘTOKRZYSKIEGO W RAMACH UMOWY EST-IV.35.2021

2021 © The Holy Cross Mountains Geopark | made with by fajne studio kreatywne

to top Skip to content