GeoEducation For Combatting Climate Change
HOLLY CROSS MOUNTAINS GEOPARK ACTIVITES
PROGRAM – Version 2022.08.09
14 – 20 AUGUST 2022
SUNDAY – August 14
- Arrival to Da Vinci Hotel – located in Podzamcze Chęcińskie https://davinci.travel.pl/en/
- Transport from the airport and to the airport – Turkish Group – 3000 PLN per rent the bus in 14th and 20th of August.
- Registration at the Hotel
- Dinner at 19:30 – Please let me know if someone arrives later
- Next days – breakfasts will be included in the price of hotel’s accommodation
- 300 PLN – 1 person for transport during the meeting
MONDAY – August 15
- From 8:00 – Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:30 Transfer to The Centre of Geoeducation – Information Center of Geopark
- 9:30 – 10:00 Presentation “The Holy Cross Mountains Geopark – from a local initiative to the UNESCO Global Geopark”
- 10:00- 11:00 Visiting the main exhibition in The Centre of Geoeducation, which describes the geological past of the Holy Cross Mountains, the exhibition will offer the possibility of virtual time traveling the 5D cinema
- 11:00-11:30 – Coffee break – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 11:30 – 13:00 Grinding workshops – participants will learn about the history of rock processing in the Holy Cross Mountains and prepare themselves – they will grind and polish 360 million years old rock specimens containing fossils. It will be a hand-made souvenir that is a symbol of the region.
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch in Centre of Geoeducaiton – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 14:00 – 15:30 – Walk around the Wietrznia reserve with training in Geocaching
- 15:30 – 15:45 – Transfer to center of the Kielce
- 15:45 – 17:00 – Walk around the oldest part of Kielce, where we will see the historic Palace of Krakow Bishops, the Cathedral Basilica, the Market Square, the Wild Boar Monument – the symbol of Kielce.
- 17:00 – 17:30 – Walk to Kadzielnia Natural Reserve
- 17:30 – 18:30 – Visiting the underground tourist route, where we will pay special attention to climate changes that have been recorded in the caves
- 18:30 – 19:00 – Transfer to Da Vinci Hotel
- 19:30 – Dinner in the Da Vinci Hotel
TUESDAY – August 16
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – 9:00 Transfer to the Centre of Geoeducation
- 9:00 – 9:30 Welcoming participants to the conference room – Greeting by all mayors or their representatives – Here we donate gifs for mayors The official welcome will be on Tuesday because August 15 is a holiday and day off in Poland
- 9:30 – 9:45 Transfer to the Kadzielnia Park
- 9:45 – 11:30 Visiting the Kadzielnia Park and Natural Reserve – walking by educational path. For those willing, we will have planned one of the longest zipline ride in Poland – Durring Coffee break
- 11:30 – 11:45 Transfer to the Karczówka Hill and the Botanical Garden.
- 11:45 – 12:15 Coffee Break at Wesoła Kawka Coffee
- 12:45 – 13:30 Visiting the Karczówka Natural Reserve: walking along with a fragment of the geological-ore mining path and presentation of the most interesting elements of the natural and cultural heritage of Karczówka. We will also learn about forms of nature protection in Poland in the context of European protection
- 13:30 – 15:00 – Visiting the Botanical Garden – during the visit to the garden, we will pay attention to the impact of climate change on the flora of our region. We will also refer to changes in the global context. Culinary workshops in the Botanical Garden
- 15:00 – 16:00 – Wesoła Kawka Coffee in Botanical Garden – about 80 PLN per person for coffe break and lunch- There will be a receipt for each person – you can pay by cart or by cash
- 16:00 – 16:15 Transfer to the Ślichowice Rocky Reserve
- 16:15 – 17:00 Ślichowice Rocky Reserve – walk along the educational path and presentation of the subject “Former orogenic movements and their record in the geological profile”
- 17:00– 17:15 – Transfer to the Kielce City Center
- 17:15 – 19:00 – Free time – possibility to visit the Shopping Center, or walk around the Center of Kielce and drink coffee on the Town Square.
- 19:00 – 19:30 – Transfer to the hotel
- 20:00 – Dinner at the hotel
WEDNESDAY – August 17
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:30 Transfer to the village of the Chałupki Village
- 9:30 – 11:00 Visiting the Pottery Tradition Center, after the visit, participants will take part in pottery workshops, and the effects of their work will be a souvenir of their visit to the facility
- 11:00 – 11:15 Transfer to the Morawica Town
- 11:15 – 12:30 Coffee break in the manor park
- 12:30 – 13:30 Walk around the Morawica Town – – including an educational trail in the manor park
- 13:30 – 14:30 Lunch in Self-government Cultural Center in Morawica with traditional food which performances of regional bands in Morawica
- 14:45 – 15:30 Transfer to the Stokówka Quarry
- 15:30 – 16:30 Stokówka quarry and we will talk about protection and activity in protected areas..
- 16:30 – 16:45 Transfer to the Moczydło Natural Reserve
- 16:45 – 17:30 Visiting the Moczydło Natural Reserve with an educational trail describing the traces of ore mining
- 17:30 – 17:40 Transfer to the Jaworznia Village
- 17:40 – 19:00 Dinner at the Chelosiowy Dworek Restaurant – cost about 80 PLN. – There will be a receipt for each person – you can pay by cart or by cash
- 19:00 – 19:30 Return to the hotel
THURSDAY – August 18
- From 8:00 – Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:00 – Transfer to the European Centre for Geological Education
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Visiting the European Centre for Geological Education, where participants will see a laboratory. They will also learn about modern – green technologies that were used in this building
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Coffee break – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 11:00 – 13:00 A walk from European Centre for Geological Education and then along the streets of Chęciny – a medieval town, A visit to one of the oldest stone houses in Checiny – Niemczówka – it is now an information center
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch in Niemczówka
- 14:00 – 14:15 – Transfer to the Tokarnia
- 14:15 – 16:00 – Visiting the ethnographic park in Tokarnia, learning about the cultural tradition of the region. – 18 PLN per person. – There will be a receipt for each person – you can pay by cart or by cash
- 16:00 – 16:15 – Transfer to the Podzamcze Chęcińskie
- 16:15 – 17:30 – Visting the Regional Science and Technology Center in Podzamcze Chęcińskie
- 19:00 – Barbecue dinner in the hotel
FRIDAY – August 19
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – 8:45 – Transfer to the Chęciny Town
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Visiting the Castle in the symbol of the Geopark- 23 PLN per person – There will be a receipt for each person – you can pay by cart or by cash
- 10:30 – 11:00 Transfer to the Miedzianka Village
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffe break
11:30 – 14:00 Miedzianka Village – visiting the Ore Mining Chamber and a walk around the Miedzianka nature Reserve.
- 14:00 – 14:30 Workshops on recognizing minerals in the Miedzianka.
- 14:30 – 15:00 Trasfer to Szewce Village
- 15:00 – 17:30 Visit of the Regional Chamber in Szewce Village, getting acquainted with the local cuisine- lunch. Walk along the part of the educational path
17:30 – 18:30 Transfer and visiting the Szewce quarry –Natural Monument
- 18:30 – 18:45 – Return to the hotel
- 20:00 – 20:30 Summary of the meeting and handing out certificates.
- 20:30 – Dinner in the Hotel
SATURDAY – August 20
- From 6:00 – breakfast and retuning home
- Transfer to the airport:
Transport by bus during the meting – 300 PLN per person
Transport from the airport and to the airport – all costs – 3000 PLN per group
The currency in Poland is the Polish zloty – PLN. In most places and most meals you will be able to pay by card. You will be able to pay for the hotel and some of the meals by bank transfer earlier.
However, I recommend having some cash around 50 – 100 PLN for unexpected expenses.
In Poland, the current summer time is GMT + 2, i.e. the same as in Hungary, and Czech Republic
There are hardly any restrictions in Poland at present. You don’t even have to wear masks, even indoors. The exceptions are medical facilities and pharmacies where masks are mandatory.
Please check, just in case, if there are any restrictions for people coming from outside the Schengen area.
WEATHER AND CLOTHES
The weather in Poland in August could be changeable, but we count on the sun and temperature above 25 – 30 C. The forecasts in August prove to be up to 3 days, so you need to observe it on a regular basis. Closer to your arrival, I will remind the forecast.
We I suggest a tourist outfit. You won’t need heavy hiking boots. Holy Cross Mountains are not very high. Light trekking shoes, sports shoes or sneakers are enough. It’s worth having a warm sweater and a raincoat.
ARRIVAL BY OWN CAR
In Poland, there are no vouchers for using motorways, as there is in Hungary, Slovakia or the Czech Republic.
The viaTOLL fee applies to all vehicles whose total weight exceeds 3.5 tons. These will be tractors, trucks, buses with more than 9 seats, as well as cars with a trailer, even a caravan, or minibuses.
We have toll sections of highways and each has a separate payment system (even Poles cannot understand it). Unless someone is planning a trip on the Krakow – Katowice highway, the payment information is on: https://autopay.pl/eng
Permissible speeds in Poland
- on highways – up to 140 km / h,
- on dual carriageway expressways – up to 120 km / h,
- on single-carriageway express roads – up to 100 km / h,
- on dual carriageway roads with at least two lanes for each traffic direction – up to 100 km / h,
- on other roads – up to 90 km / h,
- on roads in built-up areas – up to 50 km / h,
- on roads in the residential area – up to 20 km / h.
We recommend access by motorways on the route Brno (CZ) – Ostrava (CZ) – Katowice (PL) – Zawiercie (PL) – Jędrzejów (PL) – Podzamcze Chęcińskie (hotel) for Czech Group
From group from Novohrad – Nógrád Geopark we recommened route Poprad (SK) – Nowy Sącz (PL) – Brzesko (PL) – Koszyce (PL) – Busko-Zdrój (PL) – Podzamcze Chęcińskie (hotel)
PARKING IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL
The location of the car parking in front of the hotel is marked on the page: Contact – Da Vinci
So please park by the hotel, not by the restaurant.
Parking is not extra paid.
4 persons – no pork
1 person – lactose-free diet
– a double room for the entire stay, i.e. from 14 to 19 August (6 x night; and 12 breakfast – without breakfast on the day of departure – I) – 1600.00 PLN- price per person: 800 PLN ß Settlement with the DaVInci Hotel, receive an invoice
– Meals for 1 person organized in the Hotel Da Vinci 2 x coffee break; 1 x lunch; 2 x dinner; 1 x grill; 1 x dinner at the end = 600 PLN. ß Settlement with the DaVInci Hotel, receive an invoice
– Lunch in Botanical Garden about 80 PLN ß You will receive a receipt from each person
– Lunch in Chelosiowy Dworek about 80 PLN ß You will receive a receipt from each person
– Ethnographic Park in Tokarnia 18 PLN ß You will receive a receipt from each person
– Chęciny Castle 23 PLN ß You will receive a receipt from each person
You can pay for the Hotel and meals organized by Hotel Da Vinci by bank transfer:
Below is the bank account number
54 2490 0005 0000 4530 1652 7910 – Alior Bank
SWIFT number: ALBPPLPW
Name: Da Vinci Hotel Restauracja
Adress: Podzamcze 45
ZIP code: 26-060 Chęciny
Mrs. Małgorzata Skowerska email@example.com tel. +48 530 893 572.
Cost of the transport
- Transport by bus during the meeting – 300 PLN – per 1 person
For transport, you will receive an invoice in PLN for the group, or you can also receive an invoice in EUR for the group.
- Transport by bus from airport and to airport – 3000 PLN per group – rent a bus.
Other costs – per person – payment only in PLN:
We propose if you can exchange your currency for Polish zloty PLN in your countries. Alternatively, it can be exchanged at the airport. Due to Sunday and Monday holidays, you will only be able to exchange your currencies for zloty on Tuesday during your free time. I would like to remind you that you will be able to pay by card for all activities, but in the event of a terminal failure, it is better to have some cash.
Joanna Łysak +48505725666
Witold Wesołowski – +48 694056784
Michał Poros – + 48 664944769