C2 HOLY CROSS MOUTAINS GEOPARK
Learning, Teaching,Training Activities
22 – 28 MAY 2022
SUNDAY – May 22
- Arrival to Da Vinci Hotel – located in Podzamcze Chęcińskie https://davinci.travel.pl/en/
- Transport from the airport – 9 persons
- Turkey – KUDRET DEMIR ORTAOKULU
Arrival: 22.05 – Warszawa Okęcie Chopin Airport – 15:25
Italy – ENTE PARCO DELLE MADONIE
Arrival: 22.05 – 18:25 – Warszawa Okęcie Chopin Airport
- Registration at the Hotel
- Dinner at 19:30 – Please let me know if someone arrives later
- Next days – breakfasts will be included in the price
- 690 PLN for night for 3 person room,
- 510 PLN for night for 2 person room,
- 330 PLN for night for 1 person room,
- 320 PLN for 1 person for 3 x dinner, including one grill, 1 x lunch and 2 coffee breaks
- 200 PLN for 1 person for transport during the meeting
- 190 PLN for 1 person for transport from Airport to Holy Cross Moutains Geopark
MONDAY – May 23
- From 8:00 – Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:30 Transfer to The Centre of Geoeducation – Information Center of Geopark
- 9:30 – 10:30 Welcoming participants to the conference room – Greeting by all mayors or their representatives – Here we donate gifs for mayors
- 10:30 – 11:00 Presentation „The Holy Cross Mountains Geopark – from a local initiative to the UNESCO Global Geopark”
- 11:00-11:30 – Coffee break – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 11:30- 12:30 Visiting the main exhibition in The Centre of Geoeducation, which describes the geological past of the Holy Cross Mountains, the exhibition will offer the possibility of virtual time traveling the 5D cinema
- 12:30 – 13:30 Grinding workshops – participants will learn about the history of rock processing in the Holy Cross Mountains and prepare themselves – they will grind and polish 360 million years old rock specimens containing fossils. It will be a hand-made souvenir that is a symbol of the region.
- 13:30 – 14:30 Lunch in Centre of Geoeducaiton – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 14:30 – 15:00 – Presentation „Anthropocene – a new era in the history of the Earth” by Prof. Agnieszka Gałuszka – Jan Kochanowski University of Kielce and The Polish Academy of Sciences
- 16:00 – 16:30 – Return to the hotel
- 18:00 – 18:30 – Transfer to Kielce
- 18:30 – 22:00 – An evening walk around the oldest part of Kielce, where we will see the historic Palace of Krakow Bishops, the Cathedral Basilica, the Market Square, the Wild Boar Monument – the symbol of Kielce. In the meantime, dinner at the restaurant in Tomasz Zieliński’s Palace – cost is 80 PLN per person – the basic version is two courses (soup and main course) + drink (coffee or tea), if someone wants more, e.g. a drink or cake, we will add it to the bill. The restaurant will then send me invoices for each group by e-mail and then I will send invoices to the coordinators. You can use the card here.). Possibility to buy regional souvenirs in Regioteka
- 22:00 – 22:20 – Transfer to the hotel
TUESDAY – May 24
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:20 – 8:45 Transfer to the Kadzielnia Park
- 8:45 – 11:30 Visiting the Kadzielnia Park and Natural Reserve – walking by educational path, visiting the underground tourist route, where we will pay special attention to climate changes that have been recorded in the caves. For those willing, we will have planned one of the longest zipline ride in Poland – Durring Coffee break
- 11:30 – 11:45 Transfer to the Karczówka Hill and the Botanical Garden.
- 11:45 – 12:30 Visiting the Karczówka Natural Reserve: walking along with a fragment of the geological-ore mining path and presentation of the most interesting elements of the natural and cultural heritage of Karczówka. We will also learn about forms of nature protection in Poland in the context of European protection
- 12:30 – 14:00 – Visiting the Botanical Garden – during the visit to the garden, we will pay attention to the impact of climate change on the flora of our region. We will also refer to changes in the global context.
- 14:30 – 16:00 – Culinary workshops in the Botanical Garden with lunch
65 PLN for person – the basic version is two courses (main course + dessert) + drink (coffee or tea), if someone wants more, we will add it to the bill. The restaurant will then send me invoices for each group by e-mail and then I will send invoices to the coordinators. You can use the card here.).
- 16:00 – 16:15 Transfer to the Ślichowice Rocky Reserve
- 16:15 – 17:15 Ślichowice Rocky Reserve – walk along the educational path and presentation of the subject „Former orogenic movements and their record in the geological profile”
- 17:15 – 17:30 – Transfer to the Kielce City Center
- 17:30 – 20:00 – Free time – possibility to visit the Shopping Center, or walk around the Center of Kielce and drink coffee on the Town Square.
- 20:00 – Transfer to the hotel
- 20:30 – Dinner at the hotel
WEDNESDAY – May 25
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:30 Transfer to the village of the Chałupki Village
- 9:30 – 11:00 Visiting the Pottery Tradition Center, after the visit, participants will take part in pottery workshops, and the effects of their work will be a souvenir of their visit to the facility
- 11:00 – 11:15 Transfer to the Morawica Town
- 11:15 – 12:30 Coffee break in the manor park
- 12:30 – 13:30 Walk around the Morawica Town – – including an educational trail in the manor park
- 13:30 – 14:30 Lunch in Self-government Cultural Center in Morawica with traditional food which performances of regional bands in Morawica
- 14:45 – 15:30 Transfer to the Stokówka Quarry
- 15:30 – 16:30 Stokówka quarry and we will talk about protection and activity in protected areas..
- 16:30 – 16:45 Transfer to the Moczydło Natural Reserve
- 16:45 – 17:30 Visiting the Moczydło Natural Reserve with an educational trail describing the traces of ore mining
- 17:30 – 17:40 Transfer to the Jaworznia Village
- 17:40 – 19:00 Dinner at the Chelosiowy Dworek Restaurant
- 19:00 – 19:30 Return to the hotel
- 20:00 – 20:15 Transfer to the Nowiny Village for those willing
- 20:15 – 22:00 For those willing – Perła Water Park – Entry is free, but you can buy a meal in the park
- 22:00 – 22:15 Transfer to the hotel
THURSDAY – May 26
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – 8:45 – Transfer to the Paradise Cave
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Visiting Paradise Cave – one of the two most famous caves in Poland – ticket – 27 PLN per person
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Transfer to the European Centre for Geological Education
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Coffee break – Organize by Da Vinci Hotel
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Visiting the European Centre for Geological Education, where participants will see a laboratory. They will also learn about modern – green technologies that were used in this building
- 12:00 -13:30 A walk from European Centre for Geological Education and then along the streets of Chęciny – a medieval town, A visit to one of the oldest stone houses in Checiny – Niemczówka – it is now an information center
- 14:00 – 15:30 – Lunch in Niemczówka
- 15:30 – 15:45 – Transfer to the Tokarnia
- 15:45 – 17:00 – Visiting the ethnographic park in Tokarnia, learning about the cultural tradition of the region. Finally, with a workshop on regional cuisine. –18 PLN per person
- 17:00 – 17:15 Transfer to the Podzamcze Chęcińskie
- 17:00 – 18:30 – Visting the Regional Science and Technology Center in Podzamcze Chęcińskie
- 19:00 – Barbecue dinner in the hotel
FRIDAY – May 27
- From 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – 8:45 – Transfer to the Chęciny Town
- 9:00 – 10:30 – Visiting the Castle in the symbol of the Geopark
- 10:30 – 11:00 Transfer to the Miedzianka Village
- 11:00 – 11:30 Coffe break
11:30 – 14:00 Miedzianka Village – visiting the Ore Mining Chamber and a walk around the Miedzianka nature Reserve.
- 14:00 – 14:30 Workshops on recognizing minerals in the Miedzianka.
- 14:30 – 15:00 Trasfer to Szewce Village
- 15:00 – 17:30 Visit of the Regional Chamber in Szewce Village, getting acquainted with the local cuisine- lunch. Walk along the part of the educational path
17:30 – 18:30 Transfer and visiting the Szewce quarry –Natural Monument
- 18:30 – 18:45 – Return to the hotel
- 20:00 – 20:30 Summary of the meeting and handing out certificates.
- 20:30 – Gala dinner in the Hotel
SATURDAY – May 28
- From 6:00 – breakfast and retuning home
- Transfer to the airport:
Italy – ENTE PARCO DELLE MADONIE
- Departure: 05 – 13:15 – Warszawa Okęcie Chopin Airport
Turkey – KUDRET DEMIR ORTAOKULU
- Departure: 05 – 10:25 Warszawa Okęcie Chopin Airport
Transport by bus during the meting – 200 PLN per person
Travel – Airport – Holy Cross Mountains – 190 PLN per person
The currency in Poland is the Polish zloty – PLN. In most places and most meals you will be able to pay by card. You will be able to pay for the hotel and some of the meals by bank transfer earlier, I only arrange the cost of meals, so I will provide the account number soon. However, I recommend having some cash around 50 – 100 PLN for unexpected expenses.
In Poland, the current summer time is GMT + 2, i.e. the same as in Hungary, Croatia and Italy.
There are hardly any restrictions in Poland at present. You don’t even have to wear masks, even indoors. The exceptions are medical facilities and pharmacies where masks are mandatory.
Please check, just in case, if there are any restrictions for people coming from outside the Schengen area.
WEATHER AND CLOTHES
The weather in Poland in May could be changeable, but we count on the sun and temperature above 20 C. The forecasts in May prove to be up to 3 days, so you need to observe it on a regular basis. Closer to your arrival, I will remind the forecast.
On Monday we have a formal meeting with the mayors, but I think casual clothing is enough. For the rest of the trip, I suggest a tourist outfit. You won’t need heavy hiking boots. Holy Cross Mountains are not very high. Light trekking shoes, sports shoes or sneakers are enough. It’s worth having a warm sweater and a raincoat.
If someone will benefit to the Perła Water Park on May 26, you will need a swimsuit.
ARRIVAL BY OWN CAR
In Poland, there are no vouchers for using motorways, as there is in Hungary, Slovakia or the Czech Republic.
The viaTOLL fee applies to all vehicles whose total weight exceeds 3.5 tons. These will be tractors, trucks, buses with more than 9 seats, as well as cars with a trailer, even a caravan, or minibuses.
We have toll sections of highways and each has a separate payment system (even Poles cannot understand it). Unless someone is planning a trip on the Krakow – Katowice highway, the payment information is on: https://autopay.pl/eng
Permissible speeds in Poland
- on highways – up to 140 km / h,
- on dual carriageway expressways – up to 120 km / h,
- on single-carriageway express roads – up to 100 km / h,
- on dual carriageway roads with at least two lanes for each traffic direction – up to 100 km / h,
- on other roads – up to 90 km / h,
- on roads in built-up areas – up to 50 km / h,
- on roads in the residential area – up to 20 km / h.
We recommend access by motorways on the route Bratislava (SK) – Brno (CZ) – Ostrava (CZ) – Katowice (PL) – Zawiercie (PL) – Jędrzejów (PL) – Podzamcze Chęcińskie (hotel).
You can also take the economic route – the distance is shorter due to the number of kilometers – through Slovakia, but it may turn out to be longer.
I would like to remind you about tolls in Hungary (Croatian group), Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
PARKING IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL
The location of the car parking in front of the hotel is marked on the page: Contact – Da Vinci
So please park by the hotel, not by the restaurant.
Parking is not extra paid.
5 persons – no pork
1 person – without lactose
1 person – vegetarian (eat all kinds of vegetables, fruit and fish)
1 person paleo diet – without gluten, rice, maize, sugar, dairy, fruits
1 person – no mushrooms
Quote from the Da Vinci Hotel for each group for accommodation with breakfast:
ADDITIONALLY – TWO DINNERS / GRILL / COFFEE BREAK / LUNCH – PLN 320PLN / PERSON
Summary – at the Da Vinci Hotel, these are the costs for each group:
- Croatia – 8,100 PLN hotel with breakfast + 1,600 PLN (meals) = 9,700.00 PLN
- Turkey – 7,200 PLN hotel with breakfast + 160 PLN (meals) = 8,800.00 PLN
- Hungary – 8100 PLN hotel with breakfast + 1600 PLN (meals) = 9,700.00 PLN
- Italy – Madonie UGGp – 8010 PLN hotel with breakfast + 1364 PLN (meals) = 9,374.00 PLN
- Italy – University of Calabria – 3,960 PLN hotel with breakfast + 640 (meals) PLN = 4,600.00 PLN
You can pay for the Hotel and meals organized by Hotel Da Vinci by bank transfer:
Below is the bank account number
54 2490 0005 0000 4530 1652 7910 – Alior Bank
SWIFT number: ALBPPLPW
Name: Da Vinci Hotel Restauracja
Adress: Podzamcze 45
ZIP code: 26-060 Chęciny
Other costs – per person:
- Dinner at the restaurant in Tomasz Zieliński’s Palace – 80 PLN
- Culinary workshops in the Botanical Garden with lunch – 65 PLN
- Visiting Paradise Cave – 27 PLN
- Visiting the ethnographic park in Tokarnia – 18 PLN
Costs of the transport
- Transport by bus during the meeting – 200 PLN
- Travel – Airport – Holy Cross Mountains – 190 PLN
Costs of the transport per group in euro
- Croatia – 215 euro
- Turkey – 416 euro
- Hungary – 215 euro
- Italy – Madonie UGGp – 416 euro
- Italy – University of Calabria – 167 euro
At the end of the meeting, transfer invoices in euros will be provided
Witold Wesołowski – +48 694056784
Michał Poros – + 48 664944769